Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 186 - Fireworks on the Beach

I think I'm a fireworks snob. I've spent every 4th of July save one either at the Arch in St. Louis or seeing huge displays at my parent's house (they live outside the city limits and the neighbors have huge bashes every year). Because of some scheduling conflicts I couldn't be in Missouri this year, so I met up with some coworkers and walked to the beach for the city's fireworks show. Yes, they did their 4th on the 5th. I get it for the parade in the morning... but why not do the fireworks on the 4th? Whatever...

We weren't on the main beach, but further to the north, tucked away behind the zoo, where it was less crowded. The city puts on a good show... but it was about 20 minutes. It ended and everyone cheered, but in the back of my mind I thought, 'It's over? Shoot...'

I have to say... it is probably one of my favorite years atmosphere-wise I've ever been in for the 4th. Maybe I'm just in love with the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment