Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 101 - Eclectic

Ever heard of 'Erv's Mug' before? Well, unless you've been to Oak Creek, WI, I don't expect you to. I hadn't heard of it until yesterday, when I found it online while searching for a place for my dad and I to stop and eat on our way to the Cards game. This place is the definition of eclectic. The ceiling looks like it's covered in mirrors, but they're really beer signs. Also? Wall to wall Easter decorations. I mean, more eggs and bunnies than any other person in their right mind would know what to do with! My favorite was the tree of bunny fairies that was coming out of the wall, but my dad's choice was the huge stuffed bunny riding a child's plastic riding toy (you can see that one at the very top center of the picture).

What's more strange is that Erv himself was wandering around talking to people. He stopped and stared at me and asked what, 'that thing' (meaning the STL logo) was on  my sweatshirt. My dad tried to joke with him about how we have 'that one guy, Pujols, who gets lucky every now and again' but the old man just looked disappointed in me. Very unsettling, especially when I was trying to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment