Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 167 - To Pitch or Not

I was going to spend the past two days doing as much of this stupid Wisconsin teaching license drama as possible before heading down to Missouri tomorrow. Theoretically having a Nebraska teaching license is like a golden ticket, and most states will not require you to really do much more than what you've already done with your undergrad work to get their state's license. At least that's what we were told while we were undergrads.

BS.

In Wisconsin now I have to create an entire Professional Development Plan that takes roughly 2 months of your life (I won't even get in to my issue with PDP's...). I pushed it off all this year, with the hope that I'd have a new job for next year and I'd be out of the cheesehead state. When that didn't happen, I thought, 'Fine, I'll do it over the summer.' So I signed up for an online course through CU Dub thinking I'd be able to knock it out while I'm still jetsetting, moving and doing other various stuff to prepare for next year.

They cancelled the class. How can you reasonably cancel a class that is taken online when it's a class that people have to take to legally teach in your ridiculous state? My principal is ticked, but not at me. She's going to call up there and bully them haha.

So the question - hold on to this junk that's taking up precious counter space at the moment, or toss it, assuming they'll send me the same crap the next time I attempt to tackle this stupid mess?

3 comments:

  1. PDP's are mean. We have them too. Don't like 'em one bit! bleh! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on this PDP business. ;) Let me know if you need some pointers or if you want to see some sample PDPs. I have to submit mine for final approval in a year, so I'd be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, I might take you up on that. This junk isn't even about the PDP, just a student handbook and a 'how to use the library' booklet and stuff like that. Suuuper helpful, obviously.

    ReplyDelete