When you hear people talk about that friend that they've had since diapers? Well, this is mine. We don't really have many connections. We never went to the same schools, had the same jobs or even lived in the same city. She and I grew up in the same church with parents that are wonderfully involved, but outside of church we didn't see each other very often.
This girl is the one person on earth that I can accidentally not talk to for 6 months, meet up with and get completely caught up within an hour. Today's afternoon together was extra special - she got engaged a couple of weeks ago, so I needed to hear 'the story'! She shocked me by asking to be a bridesmaid. I hadn't even thought about it - I live 10 hours away! What's crazy is that when she told me that she was engaged, I was genuinely excited for her. That's the first time in all of the zillion people I've known that have gotten engaged that I didn't at some time think, 'Gah, I'm so behind on life!'
So I guess I'll be taking my first personal day next year. For this girl? For sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment