It is absolutely trippy to watch a game from the Pepsi Party Porch at Kauffman Stadium. Most of the fans there are quite... happy. It lets you talk to other fans when they don't have a filter, so nothing is sugarcoated. I felt like I needed to really focus today on what Blake Hawksworth was doing on the mound, partially because I'm one of few really big fans of his and partially because I knew that most of Cardinal Nation was against having him run out there for the start. The... happy... guy standing next to me felt the same. At times it felt like the louder people were cheering for him, the harder and more effectively he was throwing.
Aaron Miles was the DH today. Cardinal fans everywhere collectively threw up when we saw that name in that spot in the lineup. My happy new friend and I got into a discussion about how bad he was the first time Miles strode to the plate. He promptly hit a double and all the Cardinal fans around me went crazy cheering for him. After we had stopped high fiving and clapping, he looked at me and said, 'Yeah, but he still sucks. I'll cheer cuz' he's wearing the uniform, but he sucks.' Well played, sir.
No comments:
Post a Comment