This is my mom's closet at school, about half an hour after we started taking things out to sort, pack or pitch. She's moving to a new classroom after being in this one for the past 7 years. It just shocked me over and over how many random little arts and crafts things we were pulling out. Mom was trying to explain to me what many of them were used for, but I really only wanted to convince her to pitch more than she was willing to part with. It was absolutely boggling to me how many things I recognized from the last time I helped her move classrooms.
I will never have a closet like this. I will have shelves of books and textbooks and more files of tests and worksheets and projects than I know what to do with, but I will not have a closet like this. It's making me want to go through everything I have and pitch as much as possible right now. Too bad that feeling will wear off before I get back to Wisconsin!

No comments:
Post a Comment