Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 - That One Time I Cooked


I'm not a cooking-type girl (sorry boys). A good portion of it is because by the time I get home, I'm either starving and want something I can eat right now, or too exhausted to stand in the kitchen and work. I think I actually like cooking, when I have time/energy, but it doesn't happen often, so when it does I feel like I have to mark the occasion. If you follow me on Twitter and saw the great cookie disaster of December 2009, you know my oven isn't really up to snuff (I'm not taking the blame - I don't ruin cookies). Making this delicious chicken and cheesy broccoli rice was not easy, and in the end the chicken was a bit undercooked and the rice was a bit toasty, despite letting it sit in there for 15 minutes LONGER than the directions. I cannot win with this oven. However, this was a really tasty dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment