Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24 - January Beaches


North Beach here in Racine is absolutely beautiful in the summer. I don't know that I've been to the beach (despite living within walking distance) since September, but I kept thinking about what it would look like in the winter with all the snow. Well, since it's been roughly 40 degrees the past couple days, quite a bit of the snow melted, so I wasn't sure what I would see when I dropped by the beach on my way home from church today. It was strange standing in my heels and dress coat at the beach, but the sight was surreal. The fences to help lead water down to the lake looked intimidating, and the large mounds of snow piled up on the shoreline were so intriguing that I wished I had been in crappy clothing so I could walk down and see it up close. I'm glad I took the detour, and hope that I'll remember to get down there sooner with the next snow.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes a different perspective is what we all need! wow.... that is a strikingly different beach view than I imagined! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - it's not the view I imagined either. During the summer it's breath-taking how beautiful it is... and today it was just ugly and dead.

    ReplyDelete