Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36 - Dead Sea Scrolls Fun


Today my students I had an amazing opportunity - to see an exhibit on the Dead Sea Scrolls. The historical implications of what the scrolls mean are so incredible, but seeing it close up... was just phenomenal. I was in awe of the fact that I was looking at the entire book of Isaiah all rolled out in front of me. My students and I marveled at the different kinds of scrawl and calligraphy between each scroll and what each one meant.

This was my group for the day. I wish with all my heart that I could've caught a picture of one of the scrolls for posterity, but obviously photography was not allowed, so a picture at the entrance was the best we could do (and I had to get special permission for THAT). I don't know how I ended up with 8 of my 19 kids since the class was split up among 4 different chaperones, but we had a pretty great time. It was a once in a lifetime type deal, and I'm glad I got to share it with some amazing kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment