Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 53 - Me or the Chicken

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I suck at cooking. The last post especially shows that. I've decided that this bag of chicken breasts is out to get me. I've tried 5 different ways to cook these things (when you're cooking for 1, a bag of chicken breasts last forever). I don't remember how I bombed the first two ways (one involved setting off the smoke alarm and the other resulted in me pitching the whole thing), but I've put it in a frying pan whole (and almost ruined the pan), and cooked it with rice in the oven (burnt the rice and undercooked the chicken).

Tonight I finally figured out a way that will get the chicken all the way cooked without setting something on fire, setting off the smoke alarm, or using the oven that hates me. Just chop the thing up and toss it in a frying pan with some water, then pour it over rice. After taking a timid first bite of the chicken, I literally said, 'Suck it you stupid chicken!' out loud (I never say 'suck it'... so this was particularly hysterical). I finally figured it out, without help. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment