Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43 - Jump Rope for Heart


When I was student teaching in St. Louis, I had students that only saw me as a PE teacher running around in tennis shoes, sweats and a tshirt. Most of my students here in Wisconsin don't even know that I double majored in math and PE education, because they only really see me as a math teacher who wears dress pants and heels. Imagine their shock when I walked in on Friday in tennis shoes, sweats and a tshirt! :)

Jump Rope for Heart afforded me the chance to actually feel and act like a PE teacher again - whistle and stopwatch included. I didn't have to do most of the planning, but I was nominated to run the events for the 5th-8th grades (I am the only one on staff with a PE degree, it made sense). This was part of the jump rope competition, which was won by the boy all the way to the right.

PS - I loved seeing all the kids in red supporting the American Heart Association. It's definitely my favorite cause to support after my baby sis was born with a heart condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment