Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 47 - No One Likes This


My tutoring student probably thinks I am a lunatic. Every time he comes in I ask what we're working on, and apparently after he answers I always say, 'Ooh I love that! This should be fun!' (I wouldn't have known this, except he told me that today). Here's the page we were working on - wall to wall word problems on direct variation. Who enjoys an assignment of word problems? This math nerd really did today. My tutoring student said, 'No one likes this,' but to me it was a breath of fresh air. We even screwed up a bunch of problems and had to try a few different methods to get the right answers, which made it way more fun when we got it down.

I have no idea when I last did these kinds of problems, and it took awhile to pull it back up in my mind. But it was the first time all day I actually had to think, and I really enjoyed it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment