Tuesdays are the absolute worst. A full day of school, meetings, tutoring, work in my classroom, and choir. I usually get home around 9. Today, a day that left me so mentally drained I was tempted to put my head down on my desk when the last student left and just sob from exhaustion, I finally got home, pulled on the chain to turn on the light, and the light CAME DOWN ON ME.* I didn't pull the chain hard, it just ripped out of the ceiling.
I'm sitting in my apartment... 9:15 PM, having just rehung the light. My table is covered in ceiling dust plus water that spilled when the light fell, and I'm beat. I brought home my last set of tests to grade. I don't give a rip. I was going to turn on Parenthood at 9 and see what all the fuss was about. Too late now.
Suck.
*Don't make fun of the light. It was free, and I'd just moved here. Deal with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment