World Math Day. I built this fun little competition up for weeks with my students, and today my 4 morning math classes in my lesson plan book said one thing: World Math Day. I planned my entire morning around taking the kids into the computer lab (which meant pleading with the faculty to let me block out the whole morning in the lab) to play/compete against kids all over the world - from Pakistan to Ecuador and everywhere in between. So it just figures that the site would have a conniption and my kids wouldn't be able to log in. Out of the 24 computers in the computer lab, at any given time no more than 6 were able to get to the sign in screen you see here. Now, some of the kids didn't mind, seeing as how I let them go to my class' games page that they created and play fun educational games for awhile, but many of them were bummed that they couldn't participate.I will credit the Mathletics team that runs World Math Day. After I freaked out on twitter about it (sorry for the all caps everyone), they replied that they were working on it, and sent me another message awhile later that said it should be up and running again. This was unfortunately too late, but hey, that's customer service for ya. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment