The end of Lutheran Schools Week means one thing here - Pizza/Game Night. All the families in the school are invited to bring games and hang out. I have to admit, as much as this week has made me nuts (and there's more to come tomorrow with the Academic Bowl), I liked this ending. After helping serve pizza/soda/brownies for the first hour, the 3rd grade teacher and I joined two of the moms in a few games of Sequence.I used to play Sequence with my sisters. We didn't play it often, but enough that I could recall strategies fairly quickly. The 3rd grade teacher was the same. Much like bowling this morning, where I failed to tell my kids that I taught a bowling class last year up until I was already beating the pants off of them, I didn't mention how often I played this game until I slid a chip on the board and said, 'We won.' My partner in crime hadn't even seen what I was doing! The two moms just gasped in shock, then one looked at the other and said, 'That's what we get for playing a game with the math teacher.'
Maybe that junior in St. Louis was right last year when he looked at me and said, 'You're the sneakiest teacher I've ever had.' Maybe it's not that I'm sneaky... maybe they just... forgot.
No comments:
Post a Comment