I stated at pages and pages of this nonsense for parts of 10 hours today. I'm trying to figure out the valedictorian/salutatorian for my kids, and a side project is to draw up a proper format for finding those two students that can be put in the handbook so it can be copied after I leave and so we have some kind of system in place if parents get upset about whatever. Sounds like fun, right?
This was my little boredom fighting spring break project - except my principal asked if I'd get it done before break started. Shoot. Well, I guess this is something to do during standardized testing. Now, the problem?
WHAT THE HECK. This is a packet of pages with percentages all over the place. I have no idea how the 7th grade teacher ran the show all these years, but I can tell you one thing - pages of percentages doesn't help. At all. I think he was trying to be helpful by leaving me this, but I've been now taking all these numbers and inputting them into a spreadsheet so that they'll work with the percentages from this year. Tedious, frustrating, and causing my eyes to cross. I'm about half done. *sigh*
Suggestion - don't bother with this for 7th and 8th graders
ReplyDeleteI wish I could make that call, since that's about where I am on the situation as well.
ReplyDelete