So today was the track meet for my students. I say 'the' track meet, because there's literally only one. I
got suckered into volunteered to coach, but early on in the meet when my only responsibility was to stand by the long jump pits I got a little distracted by the guys doing chin-ups on the soccer goal. I was even more entertained when they started playing ultimate frisbee, which I love! I would have told the students that were with me all about how I was part of a Guinness book world record event for the longest ultimate frisbee game ever played (82 hours!), but they don't care. Despite my best efforts in PE class, my 8th graders can't even figure out how to HOLD a frisbee, much less throw one with any accuracy.
I did get busted for watching them play by some of the 5th grade girls. They then proceeded to tell everyone within earshot (including parents) that I was married to the guy (not pictured here) wearing an orange under armor shirt. First of all, who would even WANT orange under armor. Second, they at least picked a cute one. Third, it's better than the last time they tried to marry me off - that time I was going to meet my husband at Wal-Mart.
What? Yes, I'm a good coach. This was before the meet began. Quit looking at me like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment