Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 135 - Wreath Laying

Two of my students had the honor of laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery. This was the first place we visited in all of DC, so it definitely kicked off the trip with a very serious, somber learning experience for my students. Other visit spots today included Iwo Jima, WW2, Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam, and Pentagon memorials, the National Archives and the Holocaust museum. I know, completely unreal schedule. I don't even know how we did all of those in one day.

Note: one of the girls didn't wear dress shoes, so she and I swapped shoes. She was terrified of tripping down the stairs in my slightly too big shoes, and I was cringing in her slightly too small tennis shoes. Also, our batty tour guide kept distracting me when I was trying to listen to the soldier's directions to my kids by saying, 'Oh he's cuuuuute,' referring to the soldier. She wasn't wrong, just a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment